Saturday 21 August 2010

Day 11, July 12th 2010




Got up around 10, had a very nice breakfast on the terrace. Spent most of the day walking around the old city of Dubrovnik. I remember seeing the images of this city being bombed during the Balkan conflict. Dubrovnik was bombed day and night for 3 months in 1991. Some of the people I spoke to were still bitter. It was very hot, around 38c. I had some lunch in the old city then went for a ride. When I got back to Villa Amfora, Kristian & I had a cold drink then rode down to their family house for a quick swim in the Adriatic, great stuff.
I packed the bike up and said goodbye to Kristian and thanked him for his great hospitality, he even made me a packed lunch for the boat trip...
The boat was small and packed. I had no room or night chair. I ended up on a semi open deck for the night with 3 very noisy Italians. 1 hours sleep by the time I got to Bari.

No comments:

Post a Comment